Trying to get by...

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Never Forget Sabrah and Shateelah, Never

It's Sunday, and I woke up on a phone call with a recording from the Masjid: Brother Mohamad's son whois one week old has passed away Salat aljanazah is after Salat althohor. So, I gatherd I'm gonna have a gloomy Sunday. Then While browsing Blogs, I read UmKhalil's Blog. And read an article by Musa Al-Hindi that didnt make my Sunday any better. I saw a middle-aged woman hysterically dancing over a pile of children bodies, pulling her own hair and scratching her face, and singing unintelligibly. I tried to make some sense of her words. The only phrase I could hear was "ya mshaharah ya Subhiyeh." The rest were just unintelligible sounds. A sobbing man, either her husband or brother, I assumed, was trying to make her stop, but without any success. I can still remember her dark, wrinkled and bleeding face, her gray hair and the Hennah on her chin. Next to the pile kneeled a younger woman, with her face buried in the sand. Suddenly she stood up and started to tear the top of her dress, only to be stopped by other women in the crowd. Read More..... Here are some Nakba Pics.. :-( Peace

1 comment:

Hareega said...

it's strange how an Israeli court found Sharon responsible, however his punishment was to allow him to become the prime minister 20 years later