Trying to get by...

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Power of Freedom

Salam, Here is an email I would like to share with you; I had a problem with one of the leasing employees, and I spent the whole day just searching the headquarter office and the names of their VPs and when I gatherd a handfull list of emails of their top dogs, I sent this nice email which I would like to share with you. Hello, My name is PALFORCE and I reside at #### #############,###,##,1111. A couple of months ago I took over my friends (who is also Arab/American Muslim) apartment lease, and moving in I asked the leasing office if I can have the carpet changed and the walls painted cause he has been there for 4 years. The person who was handling our lease was (AAA), anyways she said that she cant walk the apartment cause that's not her job is the manager job (SSSS). Well I waited for (SSSS) and we walked the apartment together and she decided that we need to do a whole turn over and redo the whole thing because the unit was in a bad shape. Well, once we returned back to (AAA)'s office she told (SSSS) that this is not a new lease and we can not do that till he sign the new lease which is in August, 1st, 2005. I said I understand but I wanted to see if yall can do it before I move my furniture, they said no we have done this so many times we can still paint and change the carpet while the unit is occupied. July, 29t, 2005 I came to (AAA) office to sign the new lease and I reminded her about the carpet change and the paint, she said I never promised you anything, I said yes you did, this is when she developed an attitude and started treating me like a second class, I was handling the matter calmly and I tried to remind her of the situation, she admitted remembering something about it, but herself never promised anything, I told her well, I meant that (COMPANY NAME )promised me, aren't you an employee of (COMPANY NAME)?! Then things cooled down a bit and she told me she is going to ask her manager (SSSS) and see when can she walk the unit to see if it needs any update. So I signed a 18 months lease. August 1st, 2005 I came to pay my rent and asked (AAA) if she had a chance to talk to (SSSS). Her answer was insulting and extremely unprofessional. (AAA) said: "I'm not her secretary" "I can't read her mind", I told her did you ask here to walk the unit and all I got were these 2 lines from her. Then I asked her about (SSSS) full name she replied:" we only have one (SSSS)". Then asked if I can talk to (SSSS), and she said:" she is not working today" . She lied straight to my face because I can see (SSSS) next door to her. Anyways, I called the office on my way out from my cell phone and asked for (SSSS) and I was transferred to her and told her about my story with (AAA) and she was very helpful and told me she will update the unit and she remembers me. I think (AAA) is discriminating against me because of my race and religion and I'm requesting a formal explanation why would you have someone in your company who discriminate against Arabs and Muslims. I'm emailing you this unformal complaint and going to give you time to correct this matter, if the same treatment presist, I'm gonna have to file it to the District Attorny office,BBB, UCLA,CAIR, and the Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity of the U.S. Department of Housing. Yours, PALFORCE (###)###-#### palforce@gmail.com ____________________________________________________ The good news is my phone has been ringing off the hook and I got about 5 emails from people in upper management asking to meet with me and promissing solution to my little problem. The bad news is This would never work in the Middle East. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a great letter...I love it. But I would agree, that would never work in the Middle East or anywhere else for that matter! LOL. It's amazing to me that there are so many ignorant people in the world!

Reema said...

Well done and that's exactly why we have a lawyer ourselves LOL, those idiots, just because we r Arabs and Muslims doesn't mean we don't have rights here.

K.thekuwaiti said...

How do you know that she was being racist towards arabs/muslims? After reading the letter .. I came to the conclusion that she is an idiot .. not a racist.